Saturday, July 27, 2024

He Teaches My Hands To War

He Teaches My Hands To War.

My dear brethren, today I want us  to reflect on the powerful and profound words found in Psalm 144:1. 

“Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:”

This verse reminds us of the incredible truth that the Lord Almighty is our strength, our guide, and our ever-present help in times of need.

The Psalmist begins by declaring:

"Blessed be the Lord my strength." 

What a wonderful affirmation of faith! 

In the midst of the battles and struggles of life, the Psalmist recognizes that his true source of strength comes from the Lord. 

It is God who empowers us, equips us, and enables us to face the challenges that come our way.

The psalmist goes on to say: 

"He teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight." 

This speaks to the reality that the Christian life is often a battle: – 

• A battle against the forces of darkness,
• A battle against our own sinful nature, 
• A battle to stand firm in our faith.

Yet, we are not left to fight this battle alone. 

The Lord, our mighty Warrior, stands beside us, training us, guiding us, and strengthening us for the fight. 

He teaches our hands to war and our fingers to fight, not with earthly weapons, but with the spiritual armour of God (Ephesians 6:10-18).

May we face the challenges of life with the assurance that the Lord is: 

• Our strength, 
• Our teacher, and 
• Our ever-present help. 

You will eventually win that battle. 

You will not lose another battle. 

Because God is teaching your hands to war and your fingers to fight. 

“Pokea Ushindi Rafiki Yangu”

“Umebarkiwa Na Ushindi Tayari”

Boniface Amani Gichina (CPM)
https://amanigichina.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment