Thursday, January 17, 2013

Types Of Fasting - Fasting To Feast On The Word


We fast to feast on the Word of God.

Matthew 4:4 - But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.


What is spiritual fasting?
  1. Spiritual fasting is abstaining from food and other earthly pleasures to seek a unique encounter with God and His power (Seeking to know God more)
    Philippians 3:10 - That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection,..
  2. Spiritual Fasting focuses on God not on self. You seek to know God, Praise Him and Worship Him.
    Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: …...
Types Of Fasting
  1. Partial Fasting:
    This is a fast which you avoid delicacies and pleasant foods.
    Normally people take water and juices and some may eat vegetables
    Daniel 10:3 - I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks (21 days) were fulfilled.
  2. Absolute Fast:
    This is total abstinence from foods and drinks
    Paul exampleActs 9:9 - And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
  3. Supernatural Absolute Fast:
    This is a fast enable by God supernaturally.

    Moses fasted for 40 days and nights TWICE

    Deuteronomy 9:9, 18
    9 - When I was gone up into the mount to receive the tables of stone, even the tables of the covenant which the LORD made with you, then I abode in the mount forty days and forty nights, I neither did eat bread nor drink water:

    18 - And I fell down before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

    Elijah Fasted For 40 Days Supernaturally
    I Kings 19:8 - And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.

    Jesus Fasted For 40 Days Supernaturally
    Luke 4:2 - Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing:

Spiritual Effects Of Fasting
You may not all have that “Mountain Top Experience”, but God always honour your effort.
1Timothy 4:8 - For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things
1.     Unique Spiritual Experiences And Insights – Moses, Daniel, Jesus ect
2.     Spiritual Empowerment – Elijah example I Kings 19:8
  1. Humility
    Ezra 8:21 - Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict (HUMBLE) ourselves before our God,
Physical Effect Of Fasting:
Your body will react and say “Enough is enough” “hii, do you want to kill me?”
1.     Hunger Pangs – Feeling pain in the stomach
2.     Coldness, bad breath, body odor, headache (due to reduced caffeine), Lower back pains (due to dehydration)
3.     Dizziness – due to physical exhaustion
These physical effects are “Labour Pains” For Your Coming Miracle.
Don’t worry so much about them unless you get convinced you need to consult a medical physician.

1 comment: