Thursday, July 26, 2012

Serving A Covenant Keeping God


The Bible is a book of covenants.
Old Testament means Old covenant while New Testament means new covenant

We serve a Covenant Keeping God.
Psalms 89:34
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. (KJV)
Another Translation Says:
 34 I will be true to my agreement; the things which have gone out of my lips will not be changed. (BBE)

God has many promises, but He is not a promise keeping God. He is a covenant keeping God.

The wise will pick the promises of God and turn them to covenants with God by meeting the demands of the of the promises.

Types Of Covenants
1.The Covenant Of Prosperity
Deuteronomy 8:18
18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day. (KJV)
Another Translation Says:
18 But keep in mind the Lord your God: for it is he who gives you the power to get wealth, so that he may give effect to the agreement which he made by his oath with your fathers, as at this day. (BBE)

Malachi 3:8 – 12
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.


2.The Covenant Of Divine Health
Exodus 23:25
- And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

Exodus 15:26 -
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

3.Covenant of Fruitfulness
Exodus 23:25 – 26
25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

4.Covenant Of Long Life
Exodus 23:25 – 26 (above)

Ephesians 6:1 – 3
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

1 comment: