Sunday, July 26, 2026

THANKSGIVING

WHAT SHALL I RENDER UNTO THE LORD FOR HIS BENEFITS.

Psalm 116:12-13 (KJV):

"What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD."

Thanksgiving is the natural response of a heart that recognizes the goodness and faithfulness of God. 

The psalmist pauses to reflect on the countless blessings he has received and asks a profound question: "What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?" 

He understands that God's goodness is beyond measure and cannot be repaid with material possessions.

Every day, God surrounds us with His benefits. He gives us life, strength, health, peace, protection, mercy, forgiveness, provision, and hope for the future. 

Many of these blessings are so constant that we can easily take them for granted. Yet every breath we take is evidence of His sustaining grace.

The psalmist's answer is remarkable. Rather than attempting to repay God, he chooses to receive God's gift of salvation with gratitude and to continually call upon the Lord in worship, prayer, and dependence. 

This teaches us that genuine thanksgiving is not merely saying "thank you"; it is living a life that honours God, trusting Him, worshipping Him, and publicly acknowledging His goodness.

A thankful heart opens the door to greater encounters with God. 

Thanksgiving shifts our focus from our problems to God's promises, from our limitations to His limitless power, and from anxiety to peace. 

Those who remember God's past faithfulness find confidence to trust Him for the future.

May we continually lift our voices in gratitude and declare with the psalmist, "What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?" 

Let our lives become a living sacrifice of thanksgiving to the One who has been so faithful.

Boniface Amani Gichina (CPM)

No comments:

Post a Comment