Saturday, October 6, 2012

Asking For The Help Of God


Man without the help of God is helpless.

1. PAUL COULD NOT PROGRESS WITHOUT HELP.
Acts 26:22 -
Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

2. SAMUEL GOT HELP ALL THE WAY - EBENEZER
1Samuel 7:12 -
Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.

3. DAVID NEEDED HELP
Psalms 121:1-4
1- I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Psalms 20:1 -2
1The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
2 Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;


4. UZZIAH WAS MARVELOUSLY HELPED
2 Chronicles 26:15 -   
And he made in Jerusalem engines, invented by cunning men, to be on the towers and upon the bulwarks, to shoot arrows and great stones withal. And his name spread far abroad; for he was marvellously helped, till he was strong.

5. JEREMIAH WAS SO CONFIDENT OF GODS HELP
Jeremiah 20:11
- But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.

6. JESUS GOT HELP FROM GOD THE ENTIRE TIME
John 8:29 -
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

GOD IS OUR VERY PRESENT HELP
Psalms 46:1 - God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psalms 33:18 -20
18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
20 Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.

How Do you Access Help
Ask for It
Matthew 7:7
- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Psalms 121:1 - I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help

John 14:13 - And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment