Monday, July 23, 2012

Magnify Your Office

Image result for Image of a nice office
Office = Calling, function, Occupation, Responsibility, Post, Position etc

Romans 11:13 – 14
13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Another Translation says:
13 But I say to you, Gentiles, in so far as I am the Apostle of the Gentiles, I make much of my position:
14 If in any way those who are of my flesh may be moved to envy, so that some of them may get salvation by me.

Paul Was Not Ashamed Of The Gospel
Romans 1:16
- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2Corithians 11:10 - As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia (As the true word of Christ is in me, I will let no man take from me this my cause of pride in the country of Achaia. BBE)

Paul Speaking To His Son Timothy
1Timothy 4:12 -
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
(12 Let no one make little of you because you are young, but be an example to the church in word, in behaviour, in love, in faith, in holy living. (BBE))


Jesus Magnified His Office
John 10:30 -
I and my Father are one.

 
John 17:22 -
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:



How Do You Magnify Your Office:

1.Excel In Your Assignment
Case of Joseph – Genesis 39:1 – 6
1 And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmeelites, which had brought him down thither.
2 And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
3 And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
4 And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
5 And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
6 And he left all that he had in Joseph's hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.

2.Be Diligent
Proverbs 22:29
- Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

2Kings 10:16 - And he said, Come with me, and see my zeal for the LORD. So they made him ride in his chariot.

No comments:

Post a Comment