Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Secrets Of Job - What Made Him Great And Wealthy

Job 29:2 - 17 - King James Version
2 Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me;
3 When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
4 As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle;
5 When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me;
6 When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil;
7 When I went out to the gate through the city, when I prepared my seat in the street!
8 The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, and stood up.
9 The princes refrained talking, and laid their hand on their mouth.
10 The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth.
11 When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me:
12 Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him.
13 The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
14 I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
15 I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.
16 I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.
17 And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth. 

Job 29:2 - 17 - Bible In Basic English
2 If only I might again be as I was in the months which are past, in the days when God was watching over me!
 3 When his light was shining over my head, and when I went through the dark by his light.
 4 As I was in my flowering years, when my tent was covered by the hand of God;
 5 While the Ruler of all was still with me, and my children were round me;
 6 When my steps were washed with milk, and rivers of oil were flowing out of the rock for me.
 7 ¶ When I went out of my door to go up to the town, and took my seat in the public place,
 8 The young men saw me, and went away, and the old men got up from their seats;
 9 The rulers kept quiet, and put their hands on their mouths;
 10 The chiefs kept back their words, and their tongues were joined to the roofs of their mouths.
 11 For when it came to their ears, men said that I was truly happy; and when their eyes saw, they gave witness to me;
 12 For I was a saviour to the poor when he was crying for help, to the child with no father, and to him who had no supporter.
 13 The blessing of him who was near to destruction came on me, and I put a song of joy into the widow's heart.
 14 I put on righteousness as my clothing, and was full of it; right decisions were to me a robe and a head-dress.
 15 I was eyes to the blind, and feet to him who had no power of walking.
 16 I was a father to the poor, searching out the cause of him who was strange to me.
 17 By me the great teeth of the evil-doer were broken, and I made him give up what he had violently taken away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment