Tuesday, November 6, 2012

When Pastors Are Not Faithful



God give pastors to feed the people with knowledge and understanding.
Jeremiah 3:15 - And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
Ephesians 4:11 - And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

How Pastors Errors:
  1. Some pastors error by not seeking God and running after things that do not profit the body of Christ.

    Jeremiah 2:8 - The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.

    Jeremiah 10:21 - For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.
  2. Some pastors error by scattering the sheep either by strife, division or disloyalty.

    Jeremiah 23:1 - Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

    Jeremiah 12:10 - Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they
    have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
The Consequences Of Pastor’s Errors:
Pastor who errors attract evil, shame, confusion and bondage (captivity) on themselves, their families and sadly the congregation they lead.

Jeremiah 23:2 - Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.

 Jeremiah 22:22 - The wind shall eat up all thy pastors, and thy lovers shall go into captivity: surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded for all thy wickedness.

Conclusion
The office of a pastor is an office of a spiritual steward. One major requirement for a steward is to be faithful.

1Corithians 4:2 - Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

My guess is that unfaithfulness is the root cause of many errors committed by pastors. Once a pastor makes the decision to be faithful, the grace to preach, teach and feed the flock will be available.

A pastor is a shepherd and Jesus is our perfect example of a good shepherd.
John 10:11 – 15
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13  The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

There is no need to say more!

Remain Blessed.
Pastor Boniface Amani Gichina

No comments:

Post a Comment