Tuesday, April 16, 2013

When God Gives You A Second Chance - Isaiah 43:18 - 19




What if God gave you a second chance?
1.     To start your life all over again?
2.     To start that your education all over again?
3.     To start your career all over again?
4.     To start your business afresh?
5.     To marry or get married again?
We serve a God of again and again. A God is always ready to give us a second chance.
Isaiah 43:18 – 19
18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing;

Examples Of People Who Got A Second Chance In Life
  1. Lazarus – John 11: 1 – 44 (He was already dead)
    17 -Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.
    23 - Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
    25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
    44 And he that was dead came forth,……“then” Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
  2. King Hezekiah – Isaiah 37:1 – 5 (He was not dead but he was dying)
    1 In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live.
    2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD,
    3 And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore. 
    4 Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying,
    5 Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.
  3. Nebuchadnezzar – Daniel 4:1 – 37 (After living like a beast for 7 years because of pride)
    36 - At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me.
  4. King David - 2 Samuel 11:1 – 17 (After killing Uriah and taking his wife)
    He Regretted And Repented.
    Psalms 51:2, 10 – 12
    2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
    10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
    11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
    12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit

    The Power of Women
    Not many normal men who are able to resist the attraction of women. Angels could not.
    Genesis 6:1 – 2
    1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
    2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
  5. The Woman Caught In Adultery – John 8:1 – 11
    4 - They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
    7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her
    11…….Neither do I condemn thee: go, and SIN NO MORE.
  6. Peter – John 21:1 – 7 (After Giving Up On His Calling)
    3 - Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.
    7 - Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (FOR HE WAS NAKED,) and did cast himself into the sea.
  7. The Nation of Israel -
    The nation was reborn after 2,000 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment