The Church of Christ like the church in the wilderness is an ever moving Church. Today, we see the Church moving from the realm of doctrines into the realm of mysteries at a high level frequency – Acts 7:38, Eph. 3:1-5, Mark 4:11.
I believe that the Blood of Sprinkling is one of the mysteries of the hour in the body of Christ.
As it is written:
“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.” [Heb. 12:22-24]
We must note the following about the Blood of Sprinkling:
· The Blood of Sprinkling is the ‘Speaking-Blood’ after the order of the blood of Abel which was crying for vengeance to God on Abel – Gen. 4:9-13 [Exo. 4:1-9]
· Today, Christ is our Passover Lamb; He is the Lamb of GOD without blemish. 1Cor. 5:7 / Exo. 12:3-5 [John 8:46 / 2Cor. 5:21]
· The Blood of Sprinkling is a ‘FOREVER’ ordinance – Exo. 12:14,24-25.
· The Blood of Christ is the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant therefore, its potency is eternal – Heb. 13:20-21
WHAT IS THE “BLOOD OF SPRINKLING” SPEAKING?
1. Passover – Exo. 12:13
- Passover to all forms of bondages [Exo. 11:1]
- Passover to all sicknesses and diseases of Egypt [Exo. 15:26]
- Passover to all spells and enchantments – Exo. 12:12 / Num. 23:23
2. Instant Deliverance – Exo. 12:29-33
3. Exemption from all the woes of this world – Exo. 11:4-8
4. Judgment on all the gods of Egypt i.e. principalities and powers, rulers of the darkness of this world and wicked spirits in high places – Exo. 12:12 / John 16:11 / Eph. 6:12
5. Vengeance on all enemies of our liberty and destiny – Exo. 14:8-31
6. Favour from all quarters – Exo. 3:21 / Exo. 12:35-36 [Psa. 30:5-7]
7. Double Restoration – Zech. 9:9-12 [Exo. 12:35-36]
In conclusion, from scriptures we discover that the Blood of Sprinkling was applied on the two side of the posts and lintels of the doors of the Israelites in Egypt for their exemption and supernatural deliverance – Exo. 12:21-25.
But according to scriptures, we are God’s building and we are the temple of the Holy Ghost – 1Cor. 6:19, this makes us ‘sprinklable’ entities.Furthermore, it is written: For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry [Heb. 9:19-21]
The above scripture implies that people and things can be sprinkled. Therefore, as we engage the mystery of the blood of sprinkling, we must expect to see all the deliverables enumerated here among others.
Jesus is LORD!
Bishop David O. Oyedepo