Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Becoming A Friend Of God (Sunday School Teachings)




TEXT: James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness"; and he was called the friend of God. (RSV)

Definitions:
Friend = (1)
A person you trust and love. (2)A person you know closely. (3)A person you like to be with

BIBLICAL CHARACTERS
:  Moses – He walk with God so closely that God spoke to him face to face as a friend. – Exodus 33:11 - Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.
MEMORY VERSE:
Proverbs 13:20 - He who walks with wise men becomes wise,
Objective: Help the children learn and understand how to make friendship with God.

How To Become A Friend Of God
1.      Be Holy Because God Is Holy
1 Peter 1:16 - Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
Leviticus 11:44 - For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy.

2.      Love God and Seek Him By Studying His Word (In The Bible) –
 Proverbs 8:17 - I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
Jeremiah 29:13 - And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
BIBLICAL TRUTH: It is possible to be a friend of God as Abraham was – James 2:23
CHALLENGE FACTOR:
Do you love God? When did you last seek Him to be with you?
POSITIVE CONFESSION: - I will do everything that will help me become a friend of God.

ALTER CALL.


No comments:

Post a Comment