Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Power Of Prayers


Winners’ Chapel International - Nyeri

Youth Teachings - Sunday - 18th September 2011
Prophetic Focus:  I Will Not Let You Go Until You Bless Me” Genesis 32:24 - 28
TOPIC – The Power Of Prayers
Prayer is not optional for a Christian
Jesus said “WHEN YOU PRAY” not “IF YOU PRAY”
Luke 11:2 -4
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

We pray for the followings
  1. We pray to connect with our heavenly father (Luke 11:2)
    Psalms 100:3 -
    Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
  2. We pray to worship and exalt His Holy name (Luke 11:2)
    John 4:24 -
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
  3. We pray for His will to be done (Luke 11:2)
    Jeremiah 11:29 -
    For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
    Jeremiah 33:3 - Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
  4. We for daily provisions (Luke 11:3)
    Ps 100:3 -
    Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
    Psalms 23:1 - 2
    1 -
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    2- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
  5. We pray to receive forgiveness and to remind our self to forgive others (Luke 11:4)
    Ephesians 4:32 -
    And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
  6. We pray to be protected from temptations (Luke 11:4)
    2 Peter 2:9 -
    The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
  7. We pray to be delivered from Evil (Luke 11:4)
    1 Chronicles 4:10 -
    And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment