Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Prayer And Fasting For Vengeance


Winners’ Chapel International - Nyeri

Thanksgiving Service - Sunday – 8th January 2012
Prophetic Focus:  I Will Avenge My Elect SpeedilyLuke 18:1 - 8
TOPIC – Engaging The Power Of Prayer and Fasting For Vengeance
We are fasting for 21 days for many things among them:
  1. To Enhance Our Faith.
    Faith is obedience to the word of God
    John 2:5 - His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

    Luke 5:5 - And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.

    James 2:26 - For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
    James 2:18 - Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

  2. For God to Avenge us
    Luke 18:7 – 8
    7- And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
    8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily.

    Exodus 12:12
    - For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will smite all the first-born in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the LORD.

    Psalms 94:1
    - O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.

    Romans 12:19
    -  Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." (RSV)

  3. For  God To Send Us Help
Psalms 121:1- 2
1 - I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 - My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
God Is Our Very Present Help
Psalms 46:1 - God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Man without the help of God is helpless.
Genesis 2:18 - And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

DON’T DIE IN SILENT. God knows you need help!

EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE WHO GOT THE HELP OF GOD:
1. Paul Could Not Progress Without Help.
Acts 26:22 -
Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

It Is The Help Of God Which Made Paul Who He Was
I Corinthians 15:10 - But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

2. Samuel Got Help All The Way - Ebenezer
1Samuel 7:12 -
Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.
3. David Desired The  Help Of God All The Time
Psalms 121:1-4
1- I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

Psalms 20:1 -2
1The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
2 Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;


4. UZZIAH Was Marvelously Helped
2 Chronicles 26:15 -   
And he made in Jerusalem engines, invented by cunning men, to be on the towers and upon the bulwarks, to shoot arrows and great stones withal. And his name spread far abroad; for he was marvellously helped, till he was strong.
5. Jeremiah Was So Confident Of Gods Help
Jeremiah 20:11
- But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.
6. Jesus Got Help From God Continuously
John 8:29 -
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.


How Do you Access Help
Ask for It By Prayer and Fasting
Matthew 7:7
- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Psalms 121:1 - I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help
John 14:13 - And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment