Double portion greetings in Jesus precious name.
Every prophecy more often than none delivers fully on spiritual warfare.
As it is written;
“This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare” - 1Tim 1:18
Why? one may ask. The Bible says;
“Rise ye up, take your journey, and pass over the river Arnon: behold, I have given into thine hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land: begin to possess it, and contend with him in battle”. - Deut 2:24 (See also, 1Cor 16:9)
But what are Prophecies?
· Prophecies are the unfolding of divine agenda, divine program and divine purpose as it relates to an individual, organization, institution and what have you.
· It is revealing the end of a thing at the beginning (Is 46:9-10)
How then do we make the most of a prayer and fasting adventure as we are about to embark upon again?The scripture demands that the following prayer protocols be observed:
Ø Let’s come with a prepared heart to reach out to God
- Pro 16:1 / Jer 29:13 - 1Sam 16:7 / Jer 17:9-10 (Jer 30:21)
Ø Let’s come confessing and forsaking our sins (Is 59:1-2/ Ps 66:18 (1Jn 1:9-11)
Ø Let’s come thanking, praising and worshipping and hallowing His name
- Ps 100:4 / Matt 6:6-9
Ø Let’s come boldly and not beggarly (Heb 4:16 / Pro 28:1 (Act 14:3)
Ø Let’s come with full assurance of faith (Heb 10:22-23, Jam 1:5-8)
Ø Let’s come reminding God of His Word, which is His will for us
- Is 43:26 / Ps 41:21 (1Jn 5:14)
Ø Let’s come to the Father in the name of Jesus (Jn 15:16, Jn 14:12-14)
Ø Let’s come praying in the Spirit (Rom 8:26 / 1Cor 14:14-15)
Ø Let’s come anxiety –free (Phil 4:6)
Here comes again a lifetime opportunity for a change of story for every Winner.
§ Jesus returned from the prayer and fasting mountain to blow the world open
- Lk 4:1-37
§ Jesus also returned from a prayer mountain transfigured - Lk 9:28-35/43
§ The Disciples prayed and fasted and had the Holy Ghost gave them clear instructions – Act 13:1-5
§ All of Judah prayed and fasted and God took over their battle and they had supernatural victory over their enemies. (2Chr 20:3 -24)
§ According to our Lord Jesus Christ, certain obstacles and barriers on our paths may require the engagement of the three-fold forces of faith, Prayer and fasting to clear them off (Matt 17:19-21, Eph 6:16, Mk11:23-24)
§ It is scripturally proven that no one can experience full delivery of prophetic agenda without engaging the combined forces of Faith, Prayer and fasting (Jam 1:6-8, 1Cor 16:9 / Deut 2:24)
· Remember it is written, “the LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:” Is 14:24
· Therefore, we must engage in spiritual warfare to see prophecies fully fulfilled – 1Tim 1:18
This is why I believe the Holy Ghost instructed the annual 21-Day Prayer and Fasting in this Commission. – Rom 8:14
· Double Portion 2013 must not be reduced to a slogan in your life because it is a divine agenda – Amos 3:7
· It must not be made to appear a church accolade because it is actually a divine mandate - Is 14:27
We are all admonished to participate heartily in the forthcoming 21 days of prayer and fasting expecting to receive from heaven a full delivery of our double portion package ordained for the year 2013.
This is what informs the prophetic focus for January 2013
Prayer and fasting Works! – Is 58:6-12
Recommended books of the month authored by Dr David O. Oyedepo include:
*Winning Prayer * Born to Win * Satan get Lost
*Overcoming the Forces of Wickedness * Winning Invisible Battles
Remain ever blessed.
Jesus is Lord!
Bishop David O. Oyedepo