Monday, December 10, 2012

How To Receive Double Portion Anointing


2 Kings 2:9  -
9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. (KJV)
 9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, "Ask what I shall do for you, before I am taken from you." And Elisha said, "I pray you, let me inherit a double share of your spirit." (RSV)

Elisha asked for a hard thing, but it happened.

1.     Elisha ministry lasted for 25 years while Elijah ministry was only 13 years
2.     Elisha did 28 miracles while Elijah did 14 miracles

What prompted Elisha to ask for double portion of Elijah’s Anointing?
1.     He Recognized The Anointing Upon Elijah His Master.
2 Kings 2:9... And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me

Matthew 10:41 - He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

People who receive(respect) prophets receive God
Matthew 10:40 - He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me

2.     He Believed It Is Possible To Received Double Portion Anointing
Many people miss their miracles because of unbelief
Matthew 13:57 - 58 -
57 - And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.
58 - And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.


Abraham Never Staggered.
Romans 4:20 - He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Believe in Double Portion Anointing
Mark 11:24 - Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (RSV)

Jesus Told His Disciples That They Will Do More Than He Did.
John 14:12 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
3.     He Remained Alert and Connected
2 Kings 2:10 - And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.  (KJV)
Conclusion
  1. It Your Season For Double Portion Anointing
    Because God confirms the Word of His Prophet.
    Isaiah 44:26 - That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers;
  2. For Your Shame, You Shall Receive Double.
    Isaiah 61:7 - For your shame ye shall have double
  3. It Will Be Visible
    2 Kings 2:15 -  And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, THE SPIRIT OF ELIJAH DOTH REST ON ELISHA. And they came to meet him, and BOWED THEMSELVES to the ground before him. (KJV)

2 comments:

  1. It your season for your double portion anointing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am.blessed Sir. May His Spirit increase your life and that of your congregation.

    ReplyDelete