Sunday, April 21, 2024

Covenant of Long Life


COVENANT DAY OF LONG LIFE

…Heb. 2:14-15/ Rev. 1:8                                                             

Heb 2:14-15

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Rev 1:8

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Ø A good old age is defined by individuals revelation – Gen. 13:14-15/                       Psa. 90:10

Gen 13:14-15

14 And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Ps 90:10

10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Ø David saw 70 and he departed at 70 – Psa. 90:10/ 1 Chr. 29:28

Ps 90:10

10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

1 Chron 29:28

28 And he died in a good old age, full of days, riches, and honour: and Solomon his son reigned in his stead.

Ø Paul departed to glory as Paul the ‘aged– Phi. 1:22-25/ Phil. 1:9

Phil 1:22-25

22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

Phil 1:9

9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

 

The following are the demands of the Covenant of Longevity:

1.   Be born again – Jhn 3:3-5/ 1Jhn. 5:4

John 3:3-5

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

1 John 5:4

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

2.   Receive and believe in the provision of a good old age in the covenant –             Gen. 6:3/ Deut. 34:7

Gen 6:3

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Deut 34:7

7 And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

3.   Stay in love with God – Gen. 25:7-8/ Isa. 41:8

Gen 25:7-8

7 And these are the days of the years of Abraham's life which he lived, an hundred threescore and fifteen years. 8 Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.

Isa 41:8

8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

4.   Be committed to serving God as a lifestyle – Exo. 23:25-26/ Psa. 91:14-16

Ex 23:25-26

25 And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. 26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

Ps 91:14-16

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

 

5.   Free yourself from the fear of death – Rom. 8:15/ Heb. 2:14-15

Rom 8:15

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Heb 2:14-15

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

6.   Be committed to a life of joy and rejoicing – Pro. 17:22/ Psa. 92:1-2/10-15

Prov 17:22

22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Ps 92:1-2

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: 2 To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,

Ps 92:10-15

10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil. 11 Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me. 12 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. 13 Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. 14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; 15 To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Jesus is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment