10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Revelation 12:10-11)
The Accuser is not interested with your life or your progress. He want to hinder you at all cost.
You may learn to recognize the accuser by looking at the actions of Sanballat, Tobiah, and Geshem in chapter six of the book of Nehemiah. (Nehemiah 6:1-19)
These are some 26 things I saw the accuser doing in those scriptures.
1. The accuser will laugh at you to make you think that you are doing something wrong or ridiculous.
2. The accuser will despise you, that is, look down upon you to make you think that you are lower than he is.
3. The accuser will question what you are doing and try to get you to raise questions about the legitimacy of what you are doing.
4. The accuser will question your authority and suggest that you are in rebellion against the established authority.
5. The accuser will use his anger to make you afraid.
6. The accuser will use his anger to belittle you.
7. The accuser will mock you and what you are doing.
8. The accuser will accuse you of being too weak or too old or too young or too ignorant to do what God has told you to do.
9. The accuser will question if you can protect yourself.
10. The accuser will question your depth of commitment.
11. The accuser will suggest that you have made a rash decision that you cannot keep.
12. The accuser will imply that it is too late to change because of your past experiences.
13. The accuser will suggest that even if you start to rebuild your life, that it won't do any good.
14. The accuser will declare that you will be overcome by the smallest enemy.
15. The accuser will state that the least pressure will cause you to fall again.
16. The accuser may attack you repeatedly with strong anger.
17. The accuser will join his forces (demonic powers) to fight against you.
18. The accuser will attack when you are tired.
19. The accuser will attack when you don't feel like you are able to rebuild.
20. The accuser will suggest that he will attack you in secret when you don't know he is attacking.
21. The accuser will declare that he will destroy you and cause you to stop God's work in your life.
22. The accuser will say the same thing over and over knowing that if you ever stop to listen to him that he will have you.
23. The accuser will use division among Believers (even your own family) to attack also.
24. The accuser will suggest that you are doing something that is unreasonable that will be of harm to others Believers also.
25. The accuser wants to get you to listen to him so that he can talk you out of doing what God would have you to do.
26. The accuser will try to distract you from doing what God would have you to do.