Thursday, June 18, 2015

That I may Know Christ! – The Multifaceted Aspect of Christ

Image result for image of christ as a living bread

Paul despite knowing so much about Christ, he still desired to know much more.
Philippians 3:10 - That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

He counted all things but a loss for the Knowledge of Christ
Philippians 3:7-8
7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord:

Many people know Christ in one aspect but Christ is Multifaceted.

The Multifaceted Aspects of Christ
1.   Savior
1John 4:14 - And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
2.   Good Shepherd
John 10:11 - I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
3.   Healer
Acts 10:38 - How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
4.   The Living Bread
John 6:51 - I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world
5.   Bread of life
John 6:35 - And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
6.   The Resurrection
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
7.   The Word of God
John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
8.   Advocate
1John 2:1 - My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
9.   Friend
John 15:15 - Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
10. Teacher
John 3:2 - The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
11.The Alpha and Omega
Revelation 1:8 - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
12. The King of Kings
Revelation 17:14 - These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Which aspect of Christ do you desire to know Him more now?

No comments:

Post a Comment