Exceeding Grace greetings to you in Jesus’ name.
All through scriptures, godliness has proved to be the foundation for profitable living. This is because godliness entitles us to the following among others:
1. Divine Protection – Ps. 125:1-3/ Job 1:1/9-10
2. Divine Revelation – Ps. 25:14/ Jn. 15:14-15
3. Supernatural Promotion – Gen. 39:9/ Gen. 41:38-44; Dan. 6:1-5/10-28
4. Supernatural Breakthrough– Job 1:1-3/ Job 29:3-18/ Is. 51:1-3
5. Divine Health – Mk. 2:1-12/ Jn. 5:1-8/14;
6. Answered Prayers – Is. 59:1-2/ Ps. 66:18
7. Fresh Unction – Lk. 5:37-38/ Ps. 45:6-8/ Prov. 1:23
8. Supernatural Wisdom – Prov. 9:10/ Job 28:7-25
9. Durable Riches – Ps. 112:1-3/ Jer. 17:11
10. Eternity with Christ – 1Cor. 6:9-11/ Gal. 5:19-21 etc., etc.
All the above is the reason why we are constantly in a spiritual conflict(Eph. 6:10-12). Satan wants us robbed of the amazing blessings of righteousness. In fact, there is a spiritual war over the life of every believer 24 hours of everyday to mess up (Lk. 22:31/ 2Cor. 10:3-5). Therefore we must stay spiritually awake at all times because if we surrender to the spirit of slumber we shall become vulnerable to all the forces of filthiness (Matt.13:23-28/ Eph. 5:14).
It is also important to note that, righteousness is not just who we are in Christ but also what we do to prove who we are. This is why we are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling (1Jn 3:7/ Phil. 2:12/ Matt. 7:16-21). This must also be why the war against filthiness is the fiercest war believers’ face. (Heb. 12:1-4/ Zech. 3:1-5)
Furthermore, we must recognize that if God said: “Be ye holy for I am Holy…”, then we can be holy. (Lev. 11:44-45/ 1Pet. 1:16)
If Christ said: “Be ye perfect as your heavenly father is perfect...”, then we can be perfect. (Matt. 5:48). God cannot tell us to be what He has not empowered us to be because His commandments are not grievous (1Jn. 5:3).
We must all rise up as individuals to confront every spirit of uncleanliness that may be arrayed against our lives, declaring in faith; Enough Is Enough!
Therefore, the prophetic focus for November 2014 is:
“GODLINESS IS PROFITABLE UNTO ALL THINGS” – 1Tim. 4:8
Moreover, I believe that this is one way to spiritually prepare ourselves to experience ‘Heaven on Earth’ indeed at Shiloh 2014.
Recommended books of the month authored by Bishop David O. Oyedepo include:
*Walking in the Newness of Life *Conquering Controlling Powers *The Blood Triumph
Remain ever Blessed!
Jesus is Lord!
Bishop David O. Oyedepo