Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Engaging the Miracle Power of Kingdom Stewardship



By Dr. David O. Oyedepo
Serving God is a most profitable endeavour. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures (Job 36:11). Our rating in the kingdom is a function of the quality of our stewardship.
As we already know, in this month of July, we are dwelling on the pillar of Success, which is one of the twelve pillars of this Commission. In this edition, we will be exploring the topic: Engaging the Miracle Power of Kingdom Stewardship!”
And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.  For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many (Mark 10:44-45).
If you obey and serve God, you won’t have to struggle through life. You will command breakthroughs in all spheres of life. My life is a clear interpretation of the breakthroughs that attend to those who care to serve God.
It is therefore of utmost importance to understand what kingdom stewardship is all about and what makes your stewardship acceptable. In God’s kingdom, only certified servants become great leaders. That means, the greatest in the kingdom are the greatest stewards (Luke 22:26-27).

What is Kingdom Stewardship?
It is a practical commitment to all forms of kingdom promotion endeavours. It means being practically committed to the things of God.
It is an engagement of your spirit, soul and body. It also means being overly excited about the advancement of the kingdom and investing in it to prove your commitment. That is what kingdom stewardship is all about. It is not theoretical; it is not about saying it because others are saying it, no! It is about being actively involved. In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury (Proverbs 14:23).

We can look at stewardship from three perspectives:
v Spiritual Stewardship: It is engaging in soul-winning and kingdom promotion prayers. You can raise a prayer altar for the church in your home; when you do that, you are investing spiritually in advancing the kingdom of God. Every spiritual investment is recorded for returns (Hebrews 6:10).

v Physical Stewardship: This involves taking practical steps to ensure things go well in the church. Your little strength is being engaged in doing one thing or another in the church and for the church.
What do you get from physical stewardship? Your strength is renewed      because you are investing your little strength in God’s kingdom, so He multiples it back to you.

v Material and Financial Stewardship: Financial stewardship involves putting in your finances in the building of churches as God empowers you. You can purchase vehicles, chairs, musical equipments, generators, decoration material and minister to the needs of others as you are given the opportunity.

WE SERVE A “REWARDER” GOD
Recognise that stewardship is a choice, not a gift. Every form of stewardship is highly “rewardable.” God is a “rewarder” of them who diligently seek Him in whatever area they are involved.
...for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6).

You don’t ever lose anything by serving God; you are investing into your destiny. Nobody may see your seed in the ground, but when the fruit comes up, everybody will see it.
God has said that each one will receive his own rewards according to his own labour. So, God is assessing your impute to determine your returns.
Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour (1 Corinthians 3:8).
As long as you are engaged in kingdom stewardship, in truth and in deed, God has vowed that your war will cease. There are many people who are not fighting any wars; they are living as “more than conquerors.” This is because they have won their wars by Kingdom service.
    
Also note that God does not delay His rewards; He comes on time. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be (Revelations 22:12). God does not use people, He raises them. He is not looking for whom to use, but whom to bless. So, your investment entitles you to automatic returns.

Examples of Supernatural Breakthroughs through Stewardship
Job
Job was a businessman and God called him His servant. Job emerged the greatest of all men in his time. Even when he was challenged, he never disconnected. Hence, he was colourfully restored and His star rose.

Daniel
 Daniel was a die-hard servant of God. He was unruffled, standing strong for God and turning many to Righteousness.

Paul
Paul was the chief of the Apostles. He was shining forth as a star from the platform of stewardship. He was under an oath to serve and he served to the outermost. For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! (1 Corinthians 9:16).

What makes your Stewardship Acceptable to God?
Until stewardship is acceptable, it is not “rewardable”. So, it is important to know what makes your stewardship acceptable.
v Serve God Righteously: Serve God with godliness. That is what makes service acceptable; not playing games. Therefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear (Hebrews 12:28).
v Serve God Cheerfully:  Whatever you don’t do joyfully cannot be fruitful, because God loves a cheerful giver (Joel 1:11-12).
v Serve God willingly: Stewardship without willingness is not acceptable. For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me (1 Corinthians 9:17).
v Serve God Tirelessly: Every reward answers at the end. If you give up before your reward comes, you won’t get it. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not (Galatians 6:9).

v Serve God Fearfully: All of your investments must be from this platform. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever (Psalm 111:10).

v Serve God Diligently: Be productive, don’t just be present. Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men( Proverbs 22:29).



v  Serve God Alone:  Serving God will only be profitable when you don’t add any other thing alongside your service to God. Because of the pressures of life, a lot of believers seem to get distracted. ...thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve (Luke 4:8).

The Power Of Stewardship
Kingdom Stewardship is very powerful and it will take you to anywhere in life. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures (Job 36:11).
You cannot serve God without knowing, and you cannot serve God without people around you knowing. You cannot be a successful steward until you make yourself of no reputation. You cannot be a successful servant except you remain small in your own eyes. You must take upon yourself the form of a servant; that is how leaders are made in the kingdom.
Nobody ever outgrows stewardship. There is always something you can do to keep winning the heart of God and changing levels continually. So, whether you are in ministry, industry, politics or business, stewardship is the covenant platform for supernatural breakthroughs! Grace to serve God continually and acceptably, receive it today!


Prophetic Blessings!
·        I declare you, your family and all your endeavours blessed!
·        God has ordained your early rising, and you must rise!
·        Your struggles must end by today’s encounter!
·        This day marks the end of all struggles in your life!
·        There will be no more assaults in your family!
·        Every arrow of the wicked targeting you, returns back to sender!
·        You will not rupture your destiny through bribery and corruption!
·        Within the next two weeks, your labour for this year must find rewards!
·        Before they finish mocking you, you will be found on top of the world!
·        May you never grow weary in stewardship!
·        You will see your children’s children to their fourth generation!
·        You will see your children reigning while you are still alive!
·        Feebleness is rooted out of your life!
·        Cancer is rooted out of your life!
·        From now, you will begin to operate on Jesus’ frequency!
·        Although nothing may seem to have worked hitherto, this month is taking you to your high places!
·        Whatever barrier is standing on your way, they are brought down today!
·        From today, no more molestation!
·        Receive grace for tireless engagement today!
·        The nature of a servant which makes a leader becomes your portion!
·        From today, you will not be looking for who will serve you; you will be looking for whom to serve!
·        By this encounter today, supernaturally, your star rises this month!


TESTIMONIES

From Puff-puff Seller to ICT Staff!
“I joined this Commission in March, 2013. Before I joined this great church, I was a roadside puff-puff seller.
I came into this church with so many problems. As I began to connect with the grace of God upon this Commission, I discovered that where I worshiped before was not my place; so, I settled here. 
There was a Government policy that stated that we had to leave the area where we were selling. Due to that, I had to stop my puff-puff business.
On the 3rd of July 2013, I was employed in a company to which I did not submit my curriculum vitae (CV) or employment letter! In just three months of joining this Commission, God has changed my story majestically!” --- Ede C, J.

Double Portion & Next Levels Indeed!
“The Bishop preached about the mystery of The Midst of the Year so powerfully. I believed it and was so excited about it that I preached about it twice.
Also, I engaged in the ingathering season of the soul-winning project.
Two weeks ago, I was told that there were some landed properties that were to be sold at very ridiculous prices.
At first, I wanted to purchase one or two, but later, I became sensitive in the spirit and opted for six. At the end of the day, I was offered 12 landed properties.
I want to give glory to the God of this Commission who has confirmed the Double Portion and Next Levels agenda in my life!”---Adeneye E.


Divine Healing!
“I came to this church three weeks ago, limping and in excruciating pain. It all started five months ago when I started limping. I never knew what caused it. People thought I had an accident, but that never happened.
I went to the hospital and an X-ray was carried out. Based on the results, the doctors told me there was nothing wrong with my bone because they didn’t detect anything. But I knew there was something wrong because of the agony I was passing through.
A sister in this church gave me a book titled, Rescued from Destruction, authored by Pastor (Mrs.) Faith Oyedepo.
When I got to Chapter 11 of the book, where prayer points were written, I used it as my prayer guideline and started praying. I could not leave the house for two months; the pain was so intense that I just stayed at home, crying.
Three weeks ago, I came to this church and heard a message preached by the Bishop, titled, Understanding the Miracle Power of Impartation. 
From that service, I got a mantle. When I got home, I tied the mantle on my leg and slept with it till the next morning. After three days, I was able to go out. Right now, I can stand comfortably and I don’t limp anymore.  I give God all the glory!”---Adejo A.

Delivered from Strange Affliction!
“I was afflicted on both legs; my legs got swollen and began deteriorating, until they eventually became numb. Several tests were conducted, but the cause could not be determined. 
Bishop gave the divine instruction that I should leave the country for further examinations and treatment. He also prayed for me saying, ‘God prove that you sent me to this your son.’
When I travelled for the examinations, the consultants argued among themselves about ever seeing such a case before; so, they were not sure what treatment to administer. Only one of them decided to attend to me.
The situation looked hopeless, but, I kept remembering the Word of God to me through His servant, ‘God prove that you sent me to this your son.’
I came back from that trip with my testimony.  God has made me whole.  I can wear shoes now. God has delivered me from that strange affliction. I give Him all the glory! ---Peter O.

Supernatural Turnaround!
“I was born into a Muslim family. On January 1, 2002, while I was observing my morning prayers as a Muslim, the Lord spoke to me, ‘You have a message in my house’, God showed me this beautiful edifice— Faith tabernacle. He also showed me the buses painted with an immaculate white colour, with the inscription in red, ‘Canaan Land’. After that encounter, a voice within me said, ‘What will a Muslim like you do in the church?’
I struggled with that message, but I eventually came to this church. When I got here, the Bishop said, ‘You heard God the same way you are hearing me now and God brought you here to change your story.’ Ever since, my life has changed.
Three months after I joined this church, I was promoted to my next rank after 11 years of stagnation. I also met my wife the next month.
In 2012, the Bishop said, ‘I will be here to celebrate your rising.’ That word hit me to the extent that I had to pay my Shiloh sacrifice before the date I had earlier planned to.
A week later, God duplicated my fellowship and granted me favour to travel out of the country in November 23, 2012. While I was going, I went with all the mysteries that the Bishop has delivered to us. I also took the sand of this land. To the glory of God, I became the plateau commander 1!
After missing an ordination as a pastor in this church because of my work, God restored me and made me an international minister. Also, God made me the associate pastor to the senior pastor of a church and made me a member of the church council in that church.
Furthermore, before I returned to Nigeria, after the completion of my peace-keeping assignment, I was awarded various certificates: one from the United Nations, another from the contingent I went to, yet another from a course I attended and the last one as a pastor. I also returned with a medal for peace service.
I thank the Lord for fulfilling His Word and the word of His servant, Bishop David Oyedepo, in my life! ---Paul U, O.

Divine Healing!
“On March 31st, I noticed that I was feeling tired and I started sleeping heavily, to the point that any time anyone knocked at my door, I wouldn’t know. My room-mates started complaining. It started getting out of hand. Everywhere I found myself, I felt like sleeping.
A doctor told me it was either I had mental stress or the food I was eating was not compatible with my system; so, I had to cut down on meals.
Also, three years ago, I started having pains in my stomach. It usually occurred once a week. I saw a doctor who told me it might be ovulation pain and advised me to do a scan. But, I refused.
During the 21 days of Covenant Medication, whereby we took the anointing oil for 21 days, God visited me!
I took the anointing oil the first night and the next day, I noticed I was strong and I did not feel sleepy during the day. Since that day, my body returned back to normal and I didn’t have stomach pains anymore.
For three years, I suffered menstrual pain and backache during my period. During the Covenant Day of Restoration, I told God to deliver me from menstrual pain. That same day, I had my period without pain or backache. I give God all the glory!” ---Abosede M, L.


Deliverance from Cultism and Divine Healing!
“I was formerly a cultist; a very bad one at that. When I came to Lagos after my NYSC, a brother ministered to me and I came to this church and gave my life to Christ.
Before I graduated from the higher institution, I suffered from a disease: my eyes, hands, legs and every other part of my body would swell on their own.
During the Feet Washing, I said to God, ‘If you are the God I have given my life to and you are my Lord and personal Saviour, and if truly You are the one I  engaged in soul-winning for, prove yourself to me.’
During the prayers, the Bishop said, ‘Pray yourself out!’ I prayed with all my might and told God that I would never return the same.
After the prayer, I discovered that my trouser was shaking, I felt so uncomfortable, I didn’t understand what was happening.
After the feet-washing, I noticed that my swollen body had immediately started reducing.
I thank God for divine healing!” ---Victor C.

Delivered From Accident!
“Some weeks ago, I was called for an examination, which I earlier registered for. Before I left home for the examination, I picked up my mantle and tied it on my neck.
On my way to the park, I prayed that God would grant me divine favour. Before we got to Lokoja, we were attacked by robbers. They shot at us, but I thank God the bullet did not hit our car.
I went for the examination and God granted me success. On my way back, my mother asked me stop at Abuja to see my elder sister.
On the way to Abuja, the driver of the vehicle I boarded stopped at a filling station to refuel. The driver delayed us in that filling station, attending to personal things.
I thank God because that delay worked together for our good, because when we eventually left, we saw a terrible accident that had just occurred, which might have affected us had we been on that road five minutes earlier.
I give all the glory to the God of this Commission!” ---Ken B.

Healed of Asthma and Cough!
“I joined this Commission on April 29, 2012, at the Ile Ife parish in Osun State.
According to my mother and a doctor, I had severe cough and asthma while growing up. I was given a local drug to treat it, called ‘imaku’: which means, don’t die.
Last year, after I joined this Commission at Ife, I returned to Lagos in June. During one of the services, the Bishop said, ‘If you stay connected here for three months and nothing happens to you, walk away.’
I thought within me, ‘Why would somebody say something like this?’ So, I rededicated my life to Christ and decided I would not miss any Communion service, prayer meeting, Winner’s Satellite Fellowship (WSF) or any other programme.  I was determined to stay committed.
To the Glory of God, by the end of June, 2012, the asthma and couch had disappeared forever!
Also, I read the book, The Miracle Meal, authored by Bishop David Oyedepo. I was able to take delivery of my divine health in that book. Since I read that book, I have never needed to take paracetamol or a panadol.
By July 29, 2013, it would be 15 months since I have stayed on, committed. The God of this Commission is indeed faithful. I give God all the glory!”
                                                                                                                     ---Okubulie A.

1st Class Degree & Deliverance from Accident!
“I got admitted into Covenant University (CU) to study Economics and I believed God that He would enable me graduate with a first class degree. In my 3rd and 4th year at CU, I had challenges in maintaining my cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
I thank God that against all odds, I graduated with a 1st class degree.
For my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), I really wanted to serve in Lagos; I prayed that I would be posted to a multinational company in Lagos. God did it and I was posted to Lagos to work in a multinational company!
During my service year, I had an accident on an expressway— I fell from a motor-bike. I thank God for saving me because someone I knew died on that same spot the accident occurred.
I also thank God that after my NYSC, I got job offers and I am now left to choose which company I would want to work for. Thank God because I know He is taking me to a greater place.” ---Hawa A.

Rescued from Death!
“I have a non-governmental organisation (NGO); I ran an empowerment programme in the East some time back.
On my way back from the East, I got into an argument with the driver of the vehicle I boarded. He was chanting all kinds of incantations. I told him to stop, and he accused me of being afraid. I said to him, ‘I’m a rugged Winner. Have you heard of Winners’ Chapel? Do you know the God of Bishop David Oyedepo?’ I was mad in the spirit.
 I told him if he didn’t give his life to Christ, he would be crushed; and if he wanted to die, I would not die with him.
When we got to Ijebu Ode, at about 03.00 p.m., the vehicle’s brake failed, with a long vehicle coming behind us. I was shouting, ‘The God of my father, Bishop Oyedepo, the spirit of just men made perfect!’ After that, it was as though God took us on eagle’s wings. 
To the glory of God, everyone in the vehicle survived the accident, although many were wounded. When we came out of the bus, the passengers started giving their lives to Christ. They said they wanted to know the God I served. To God be all the glory!
I also thank God for the privilege to be alive—today is my birthday! ”
                                                                                                                       --- Amaka O.
Change of Levels!
“For almost five years after I graduated from school, I believed God for a job, but it wasn’t forth coming. I schooled abroad and I got my masters degree from a very prestigious school in Lagos.
In 2011, after my family and I returned to this Commission, the Bishop said in one of the services that nobody who sought God for three days would return without an encounter; those words really hit me.
That week, I locked myself up and fasted and prayed for three days. I said, ‘God show yourself.’ On the third day, the Holy Spirit moved me to make a demo card with a piece of paper, which I did. I had earlier mentioned the particular company that I wanted to work with to God in prayer.
In less than a week after my time out with God, I got a phone call from the same company. Without any application, I was called and God perfected everything about the job in Shiloh 2011; thereafter, I resumed.
During this year of Double Portion, I believed God for a change of Level, despite the fact that in that company, I got the award for Best Staff of the Year 2012. I was doing well, but I still believed that if God said it’s possible for me to still change levels, why not?
Last week Sunday, the Bishop repeated the three-day covenant and I decided to dive into it again.
Shortly after, I was called by another company for an interview. To the Glory of God, I got a job offer with a salary three times more than what I currently earn in my present job!
 I also thank God for adding another year to my life today!”---Eniola O.

No comments:

Post a Comment