Friday, July 27, 2012

Hand Over Your Battles To God

Psalms 35:1 - 9 - King James Version
 1 Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
 2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
 3 Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
 4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
 5 Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
 6 Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.
 7 For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.
 8 Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
 9 And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.



Psalms 35:1 - 9 - Bible In Basic English version
 1 O Lord, be on my side against those who are judging me; be at war with those who make war against me.
 2 Be a breastplate to me, and give me your help.
 3 Take up your spear and keep back my attackers; say to my soul, I am your salvation.
 4 Let them be overcome and put to shame who make attempts to take my soul; let those who would do me damage be turned back and made foolish.
 5 Let them be like dust from the grain before the wind; let the angel of the Lord send them in flight.
 6 Let their way be dark and full of danger; let them be troubled by the angel of the Lord.
 7 For without cause they have put a net ready for me secretly, in which to take my soul.
 8 Let destruction come on them without their knowledge; let them be taken themselves in their secret nets, falling into the same destruction.
 9 And my soul will have joy in the Lord; it will be glad in his salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment