INTRODUCTION – John 14:12 – 17
The Holy Spirit is not a feeling; He is a person whose presence is manifested by speaking in other tongues. The Holy Spirit is a Divine Personality who has in His custody all that is required for us to flourish.
The benefits of the Holy Ghost are numerous and the more we understand these benefits the better we will appropriate them for profitable living.
THE PRAYER BENEFITS – Romans 8:26 – 27
· The Holy Ghost helps our infirmities in prayer – Rom 8:26
· He knows the mind of God and can guide us to pray according to the will of God. 1 Corinthians 2:11, 16; 1 John 5:14 - 15
· He supplies the prayer language – the unknown tongue by which we can communicate mysteries to God. 1 Corinthians 14:2
· You can’t pray amiss with the help of the Holy Spirit because He always prays through according to the will of God – Rom 8:26/Jam 4:3
· He supplies the prayer energy that quickens our mortal body. Romans 8:11/ Lk 22:43-44
THE PROTECTION BENEFITS – Isaiah 59:19
· Most of our battles in life are essentially spiritual – Eph 6:12
· We need the Spirit of God to conquer – 2Chr 22:7.
· The empowerment of the Spirit makes it impossible for us to be defeated – Is 59:19.
· You become untouchable as you are anointed by the Holy Spirit. Psalm 105:14 – 15
· The Holy Spirit is the ‘superior’ Spirit that quenches every foul spirit – 1s 59:19
· The Holy Spirit builds a wall of fire round about us making our territory impenetrable by evil. Job 1:10; Zechariah 2:5.
THE DIVINE GUIDANCE BENEFITS – John 16:13-15
· The Holy Spirit is the accredited custodian of our destiny – Rom 8:14
· He has the details about every one of us from the mother womb. Isaiah 46:3 – 4
· He has the custody of our path in destiny- Psalm 16:11.
· Only what He shows is what we can see. –Jn 16:12-13
· Only what He says is what we can hear. John 10:27 – 28
· When the Holy Spirit guides us, only goodness and mercy are permitted to follow us - Psalm 23
· The Holy Spirit will always guide the meek and the obedient - Num 12:1-3, Isa 1:19 – 20.
· No one can genuinely Love God except by the help of the Holy Spirit – Zech 4:6 / 2Tim 1:6-7
· No one can genuinely Love his neighbour as himself except by the Holy Spirit – Jn 6:63
· The Holy Spirit empowers us to Love God unconditionally – Rom 8:35-38
· Everyman is naturally selfish; it is the Holy Spirit that empowers us to love God above ourselves and love others as ourselves – Gen 3:1-14/ Rom 5:5
· With the Spirit of Love at work, forgiveness is made simple. Romans 13:8 – 10.
· Enviable destiny is the heritage of all God’s lovers. 1 Cor 2:9/2Cor 5:14