Monday, March 5, 2012

Overcoming Spiritual Dryness


Winners’ Chapel International - Meru

Leaders Mid Night Prayers - Friday – 2nd March 2012
Prophetic Focus:  Outstanding Success Is My BirthrightMatthew 5:13 - 16

TOPIC – Overcoming Spiritual Dryness
Isaiah 44:3 - For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

What is Spiritual Dryness?
= State of Spiritual Starvation – Not Feeding the Invisible man, the spirit man.
Man shall not live by bread alone -
Luke 4:4 -
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Causes of Spiritual Dryness
1.     UN-CONFESSED SIN
Psalm 66:18 - If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

Jesus Ministry Was a Repence Ministry:
Matthew 4:17 - From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luke 13:3 -  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish (repeated in verse 5).

Isaiah 59:1 – 2

1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

2.     NOT FEEDING THE NECESSARY SPIRITUAL FOOD (The Word)
Luke 4:4 -
And Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone.'"

People are not eating because of lack of food. No. It mainly because of lack OF APPETITE. The supply of the word in unlimited.


1 Peter 2:2 - As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

God gave pastors for the feeding of His people:
Jeremiah 3:15 - And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Jesus was so concerned about the feed His people that He asked Peter three times about it.
John 21:15 – 17
15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

3.     MAINTAINING THE SAME SPIRITUAL DIET (eating un-balanced spiritual diet)
Hebrews 5:11 – 14 (KJV)
11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

(See Revised Standard Version Translation for more clarity)
11 About this we have much to say which is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need some one to teach you again the first principles of God's word. You need milk, not solid food;
13 for every one who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a child.
14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their faculties trained by practice to distinguish good from evil.


SIGNS OF SPIRITUAL DRYNESS
Carnality – Being in flesh
I Corinthians 3: 1- 3
1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? (KJV)

2 comments:

  1. Glory!With this teaching,I can never experience spiritual dryness.I have been rightly positioned to receive spiritual nourishment from God's servant like you.Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good teaching. Let us pray for appetite for the word of God

    ReplyDelete