Friday, February 24, 2012

The Power Of The Holy Communion


Introduction
The Lord’s Super is mentioned in three gospels and also by Paul –
1.     Mark 14:22 -25
2.     Matthew 26:26 -29
3.     Luke 22:13 - 20 and
4.     By Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:23 – 28

The Gospel of John does not give much details on the mystery of the last super but rather gives preeminence to the mystery of Feet Washing after the Last Supper in John 13: 1- 17

Matthew 26:26 – 29
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

WHY DO WE TAKE COMMUNION
  1. To Remind Us of The Death Of Christ For Our Sins.
    Matthew 26:28 - For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

  2. To Remind Us Of The Heavenly Meals Awaiting For Us In Heaven
    Matthew 26:29 -  But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
    John 6:51 - I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

  3. As A Final Brow To Satan And His Agents
    Revelation 12:11 - And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb,..

    Moses did 9 miracles in Egypt without pharaoh giving up.
    But the blood of Passover Lamb forced Pharaoh to release the Israelites Speedily.

    Exodus 3:19 – 20
    19 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.
    20 And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go.

    The Last Wonders that forced Pharaoh to release Israelites is the mystery of the blood of Passover

    Exodus 12:13 - And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

    Conclusion - The Enemies You See Today, You Will Never See Them Again
    Exodus 14:13-  And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.

The 10 Wonders (Exodus 7:17 – 12:24)
  1. Water turned to blood – Exodus 7:17 - 21
  2. Flogs from river Nile – Exodus 8:1 - 14
  3. Lice from the dust – Exodus 18:16 -18
  4. Swarm of Flies – Exodus 8:21 - 31
  5. Death of Cattle and livestock – Exodus 9:3 - 6
  6. Boils and Sores – Exodus 9:8 - 11
  7. Hails rain down and turning to fire – Exodus 9:18 - 26
  8. Locusts – Exodus 10:4 - 19
  9. 3 days of complete darkness – Exodus 10:21 - 23
  10.  The Wonder of Passover Blood – Exodus 11:5 - 12:24

No comments:

Post a Comment