- 1Timothy 4:8 - For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
- 1Timothy 4:7 - But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
- Acts 24:16 - And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.
Areas To Exercise Ourselves Spiritually:
1. Prayers -
Luke 18:1 - And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
2. Study of The Word of God -
2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
3. Meditation In the Word of God
Psalms 119:99 - I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
Acts 2:46 - 47
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
5. Evangelism etc
Matthew 28:19 - 20
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Profiting From Spiritual Exercises
Spiritual Exercise Just like Physical Exercise is extremely important