CARELESS DEBTS MAKES YOU A SERVANT TO YOUR PAST.
When others are paying their way forward, a person trapped in careless debt is often paying backwards.
Debt is not always wrong.
Sometimes borrowing can be useful when it is carefully planned and serves a productive purpose.
But careless and unnecessary debt can steal tomorrow's income to pay for yesterday's desires.
Every instalment committed today reduces the freedom you have to build tomorrow.
Before you borrow, ask yourself:
🔹 Do I really need this, or do I simply want it?
🔹 Will this debt create value, or merely consume my future income?
🔹 Can I comfortably repay it without compromising my family's needs?
🔹 Am I borrowing to build, or borrowing to impress?
The Bible gives us a sobering reminder:
“The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.”
— Proverbs 22:7 (KJV)
Financial wisdom is not only knowing how to make money: it is knowing how to protect your future from unnecessary financial obligations.
Don't allow yesterday's decisions to become tomorrow's master.
Live within your means.
Borrow wisely.
Pay faithfully.
Save intentionally.
Invest patiently.
Build a legacy.
Your future deserves more than the leftovers of your past.
Boniface Amani Gichina (CPM)
No comments:
Post a Comment