Thursday, May 23, 2013

Understanding Divine Direction



Isaiah 48:21 - And they thirsted not when he led them through the deserts: he caused the waters to flow out of the rock for them: he clave the rock also, and the waters gushed out.
 
One wrong step in life can lead to a major crash of destiny,
While one right step can lead to eternal pleasure and treasure.
When you allow the lord to lead you, the future is secure, the future is great.

Why Do We Need Divine Direction
Proverbs 14:12 (Prov. 16:25) - There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

It weighs ok, It is traditionally all right
On the balance of human wisdom, it seems all right

You are permited to think, but let God have the final say
Proverbs 16:9 -
A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

The one who created the wilderness Knows the way through it.

Psalms 32:8 -
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

The best of our wisdom and our logical thinking is not a substitute for God’s guidance.

BENEFITS OF DIVINE DIRECTION – Psalms 23:1- 6

1  Divine Provisions
Psalms 23:1 – 2
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Luke 22:35 - And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.
Psalms 105:37, 40 – 41
37 - He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
40 - The people asked, and he brought quails, and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.
41 - He opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river.

2. Peace
Psalms 23:2.......he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psalms 85:8 - I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints...

3. Divine Confidence
It takes confidence to conquer
Psalms 23:3 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Confidence have rewards
Hebrews 10:35 - Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

4.Divine protection and Humbles your enemies
Psalms 23:5 - Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

No devil can stop you
Psalms 105:13 – 15
13 When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people;
14 He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;
15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

5. Divine presence
Psalms 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Moses case
Exodus 33:15
- And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.

6. Divine Certainty – Removes guess work: “Guess work does not work for long”  
Psalms 23:6 - Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Goodness = Good Wife, Good House, Good Job :    Mercy = Greater than Justice

Requirements:(Major Demand for Divine Direction)
1.You must be one of His sheep.
John 10:27 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

No comments:

Post a Comment